Waihee Church is located on a small parcel heavily planted with trees and flowers in the plantation town of Waihee. The construction of the Waihee Church began in 1848 and was completed in 1858. The architecture style is a vernacular adaptation of the fine meeting houses of the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries found throughout New England. The church is built of lava block laid with coral lime mortar. The Waihee Church is significant for its architecture and its role in the religious history of Hawaii.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.