142 Palapu Street/ Edric Cook Residence

Address
142 Palapu Street, Kailua HI 96734

TMK
(1) 4-3-025:035

SHPD Historic Site Number
80-10-1383

Abstract
The Edric Cook Residence is a two-story Cape Cod style house, built in 1935 by the English-born Cook as the sixth house along the Ala Wai canal. It was moved in 1968 by Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Delpiano to its current address in Kailua, to make way for the Fairway Villa Apartments. The house features a steep gable-front roof, covered by cut, wood shingles, shed dormers, and open eaves. Its symmetrical facade has shingled walls, multi-light double-hung windows, shutters, and a single-story entry porch with hipped roof. It was designed by V. Ossipoff in the building department of T.H. Davies & Co. and M. Kiuchi was the contractor, according to a newspaper article at the time. Mr. Cook also worked as a cashier for the Davies Co.

This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.

2017-04-21T01:02:31+00:00 February 28th, 2014|Categories: Historic Properties|Tags: |