The Paauhau Plantation Manager’s House is a large, single-story bungalow constructed of redwood. It was built in 1925 and served as the home of the plantation manager until 1972. The house sits on a hillside overlooking the ocean and has a palm-lined drive swinging across the two-acre front lawn up to the house. The house is significant as an extant example of a sugar plantation manager’s house from the 1920s. Architecturally, the house is significant as a very large-scale bungalow.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.