The Fullard-Leo Residence, also known as “Murrurundi,” was built in 1922. This one-story stucco on concrete house sits on a steeply sloping lot and has a hipped metal roof with closed overhanging eaves and two sets of double French doors with round arched tracery. The interior features built-in furniture, a dining nook with casement windows, and a fireplace. The Leslie Vincent & Eleanor Fullard-Leo Residence is significant for its association with the development of the Tantalus residential community. It is typical of the type of residential mountain retreat built in the community during the early 1920s and is included in the Tantalus Residences Thematic District.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.