The Eyman-Wilma Judson Residence was built in 1926 in the Woodlawn section of Manoa Valley on a well-landscaped triangular lot. The house was designed by architect C.W. Dickey and is significant for architecture and its association with Jessie Eyman and Wilma Judson. The residence exemplifies typical features of Dickey’s classic “Hawaiian” style popular in the 1920s, including a double-pitched hipped roof, overhanging eaves, extensive windows, a courtyard and single-deep rooms. The house is of additional interest because the founders of the Physicians Telephone Exchange in Hawaii once owned it. The house has had relatively little modification.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.