Historic Hawai‘i Foundation (HHF or Foundation) values the trust its donors and other stakeholders place in the organization and adheres to the highest standards in gathering, using and safeguarding their information. We do not rent, sell or trade donor information to any third party.
The information you or your employer provides to us is used to help ensure accurate records, to process and confirm receipt of your donation, and to respond to any of your requests. We also use your information to send acknowledgement of your gift information and to provide information about our work which we think you may find of interest. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may let us know at any time by contacting the Historic Hawai‘i Foundation office. In addition, e-mail messages you receive from HHF will include instructions on how to unsubscribe.
- We may collect your name, address and email in order to respond when you request information via email, website, social media, or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or mail, with a question or comment;
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event or program;
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution or purchase, either on our website, over the phone or by mail via check.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
How We Use Personal Information
We do not provide donor information to third parties except under the following conditions:
- Public Recognition: We publicly recognize and thank donors, volunteers and other stakeholders for their generosity. If you prefer to remain anonymous, please indicate this when completing your payment or pledge form.
- Internal Administration: Personally Identifiable Information may be used for administrative purposes, including but not limited to database management, website administration, bulk mailing, troubleshooting, processing of e-commerce or other transactions, and other communications with you. Certain third parties who provide technical support may have limited access to such information (for example, our web hosting service, merchant services provider, or bulk mail service).
- Aggregated Information: Information that does not personally identify you may be used in many ways. For example, we may combine information about usage patterns with similar information obtained from other users to help enhance our site and services (e.g., to learn which pages are visited most or what programs are most used). This information does not include any Personally Identifiable Information about you or allow anyone to identify you individually.
- As Required by Law: Historic Hawai‘i Foundation will release information when we are required to comply with the law. We may disclose your information in response to a court order, at other times when we believe we are reasonably required to do so by law, in connection with the collection of amounts you may owe to us, and/or to law enforcement authorities whenever we deem it appropriate or necessary. Please note we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.