The main buildings at Henry Perrine Baldwin High School were built in Kahului between 1938 and 1940. The school occupies a large parcel overlooking the ocean on the main road to the county seat. The school buildings were designed by Henry Stewart, the Department of Public Works architect, and are distinguished by their stucco walls, red tile roofs, and decorative details of both Asian and Moderne derivation. The Henry Perrine Baldwin High School is significant for its use of Moderne style architecture for a school building and for its role in the history of the education in Maui.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.