The Hardy House is a detached private residence situated on 0.49 acres (formerly twenty acres) of land. It is of double-wall construction with horizontal siding on the outside. The interior walls are of pressed wood, sheet rock, or wood paneling. The Hardy House was built in 1897 onto an existing one-room house owned by a Hawaiian family. The house is also one of the few wooden houses, of that age, remaining on the island. Very few wooden houses of that age have survived the termites, harsh tropical climate and temperature of Hawaii.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.