Abstract Built in 1936, the Miller House is a one-and-a-half story structure with a complex hipped roof with overhanging eaves. The walls are clad in five-inch vertical boards and the foundation is constructed of lava rock. The house is entered through the living room and a hallway off the living room leads to the bedrooms, bathroom, and den. Located directly off of the living room is the kitchen and a sunroom. The George H. Miller House is significant for the land association with Charles S. Crane and for its association with George H. Miller. The residence is also significant as an example of Hawaiian Planation style architecture.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.