[styledMap style=”classic” zoom=”16″ center=”2954 & 2956 Hibiscus Place, Honolulu HI 96815″ width=”670″ height=”300″ ] [addMarker position=”2954 & 2956 Hibiscus Place, Honolulu HI 96815″ icon=”miniBlue.png” description=”” ] [/styledMap]
Constructed in 1929, Hibiscus Place is a two-family Mediterranean Revival style residence located at the mauka end of a narrow, private way on the southwestern slope of Diamond Head, in the subdivision historically known as Diamond Head Terrace. The builder, Charles Ingvorsen and his wife, Mary M. Ingvorsen, came to the United States from Denmark. He developed a number of smaller homes in the Diamond Head Terrace subdivision, and retained this property high on the slopes of Diamond Head for his family. Originally, the Hibiscus Place land consisted of approximately 17,739 square feet but, the property was subdivided in the 1950’s into three separate parcels. The current owner acquired and reassembled two of the three parcels of land into a single property that now consists of 12,495 square feet.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.