[styledMap style=”classic” zoom=”16″ center=”66-207 Kamehameha Highway, Haleiwa, HI 96712″ width=”670″ height=”300″ ] [addMarker position=”66-207 Kamehameha Highway, Haleiwa, HI 96712″ icon=”miniBlue.png” description=”” ] [/styledMap]
Built in 1913, the Waialua Courthouse is a Neo-Classical Revival building with simplified Greek elements. The building also features exaggerated, extended eaves which are a concession to the tropical climate as well as being a major element of the building’s style. The structure is wood frame with double wall construction. The foundation of this symmetrical, T-shaped building consists of stone footings in the front portion and concrete in the rear wing of the building. The Waialua Courthouse is significant as a fine example of the Neo-Classical Revival style with Greek elements. In addition, the building served as a civic center for the Waialua District of Oahu and originally housed a public health center, post office, court room, and cell block.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.