Mother Waldron Park is a 1.76 acre parcel bounded by Coral, Halekauwila and Pohukaina Streets and Lana Lane and was constructed in 1937. The focal point of the playground is the comfort station pavilion, which stands in the middle of the park on the Diamond Head side. The playground layout is symmetrical, with the axis of the pavilion and Coral Street entry dividing the park in two. The playground was divided into one section for the younger children and another for the older. Mother Waldron Park is significant for its association with the playground movement. It is also significant for its associations with the earlier work of Margaret Waldron in the Kakaako district.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.