Kalaheo School is a complex of seven one-story buildings on a 7.473-acre site on the eastern edge of Kalaheo town. Five of the buildings date from 1921-1940, while two are more recent structures. All five buildings display the distinctive architectural materials and single-wall construction technique of the Kauai Public Schools of that period. The complex has significance as the most intact pre-World War II school campus on the island.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.