[styledMap style=”classic” zoom=”16″ center=”91-1001 Renton Road, Ewa, HI 96706″ width=”670″ height=”300″ ] [addMarker position=”91-1001 Renton Road, Ewa, HI 96706″ icon=”miniBlue.png” description=”” ] [/styledMap]
The Dillingham car #64 was constructed in 1924 for use by the Dillingham family and railroad executives as a parlor car. The body of the car is hardwood and the exterior is painted in two-tone green with the company name and #64 in black lettering on each side. Locomotive #6, constructed in 1889, has a black-and-white painted body and appears much as it did around the turn of the century. The cab of this steam locomotive is wood which is painted white. Locomotive #12, constructed in 1912, has both a steel body and cab, and the body of the locomotive is painted black. It is the only twentieth-century steam locomotive on Oahu and has been restored to its original appearance. Locomotive #6 is significant as the first locomotive purchased and used by the Oahu Railroad and Land Company. It is also significant as the first locomotive purchased by the royal government under King Kalakaua in 1889. Locomotive #12 is the only American Locomotive Company locomotive remaining in Hawaii today. Parlor car #64 was the private parlor car of B.F. Dillingham.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.