The Ala Wai Park Clubhouse, which was built in 1937, is a single-story structure with painted brick walls and a cedar shake shingle hipped roof. The low-pitched roof has overhanging eaves and exposed rafters. The structure is U-shaped in plan and features curved entry walls. The Ala Wai Clubhouse is significant for its associations with the development of the City and County of Honolulu’s parks in the 1930s and for its associations with canoeing.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.