The Keauhou Store, originally the Sasaki Store, was first opened in 1919 by Yoshisuke Sasaki and his family. Sasaki was a skilled carpenter who built the archway to the Tong Wo Tong Cemetery and helped build the Daifukuji Soto Mission. The Keauhou Store thrived until improved roads, such as the 1967 extension of Kuakini Highway, diverted traffic away from Mamalahoa Highway, hurting local businesses such as the Keauhou Store.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.