The Father Elias Bond District includes a well-preserved homestead established in 1841 by Boston missionary Reverend Elias Bond, a church with outer structures completed in 1855, and a school complex founded in 1872 by the Reverend Bond. The forms of these buildings come directly out of the rural New England building tradition, which has been adapted to the local climate and building materials. The Father Elias Bond District is significant for its architecture and also in the areas of education and religion.
This list of Hawaii’s historic properties is provided as a public service by Historic Hawaii Foundation. It is not the official list of properties designated on the Hawaii State Register of Historic Places. For official designations and determinations of eligibility, contact the State Historic Preservation Division of the Department of Land and Natural Resources of the State of Hawaii at 808-692-8015.